Sparker Hub: Future Of EV Challenge Barcelona
Sparker is an online platform that is pushing innovation in the mobility industry, especially in the automotive aftermarket sector connecting startups with different industry members such as OEM’s, Tier-1 & Tier-2 manufacturers, fleet operators, distributors, etc. Our main objective is to leverage our experience and specific knowledge of the market to help startups accelerate their growth while industry members are able to get access to the best startups for investment & partnership opportunities.
As part of our launch event, Sparker will be holding the Future of EV Challenge Barcelona where a total of 8 startups will be selected to join us at the Tomorrow Mobility Conference happening on November 15th to the 17th, and will be invited to the Sparker Launch Cocktail happening on the 16th with key investors, industry partners and relevant industry stakeholders in the Sparker Ecosystem.
The “winners” of this challenge will
- Receive a round ticket (up to 2 cofounders per startup) from their country of origin to Barcelona
- Accommodation in Barcelona from November 14th to the 18th
- A booth at the Tomorrow Mobility Conference
- A 4 minute pitch at the main stage of the tomorrow mobility conference
- An invitation to Sparker’s launch cocktail
- Visibility within the Sparker platform
Who should apply?
The Future of EV Challenge will scout and analyze different startups that are contributing to the future of Electric Vehicles to chose 8 startups that are…
- innovating and disrupting the future of electric vehicles
-contributing to accelerate the adaption, implementation and/or accessibility of electric vehicles
-developing real solutions that are changing the lives of consumers and businesses
The evaluation criteria of the startups will be the following
- 25% will be focused on the impact
- 20% will be focused on the team
- 25% will be focused on the technology and innovation
- 20% will be focused on traction and growth
- 10% will be focused on competitor landscape and value factors
There will be a total of 8 startups selected where we intend 4 of these startups to be early stage startups raising either a pre-seed round or a seed round, and 4 startups to be in early growth, raising a pre-series A or a series A. 2 of the selected startups will be startups with at least one female co-founder.
All pre-selected startups in the challenge will be invited to join the Sparker Platform.
・Applications Close: September 10 Startups are welcome to apply until August 31st to be taken into consideration for the Future of EV Challenge Barcelona.
・Final day of interview: September 23 All startups will go through an interview on an on-going basis and the last call of interviews will be conducted no longer than September 23rd
・Communication of Results: September 30
The final day of communication whether a startup is selected or not will be done on the September 30th.
Where to Apply
Applications are closed